Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Intraday Screening for Trend Status

Yesterday I posted one of my intraday stock screens to show how I was tracking short-term strength and weakness with my basket of 40 stocks. The screening program I am using for this purpose is Trade Ideas.

Today I'll be tracking a different, but related set of screens, including the number of stocks in my basket moving above and below their volume-weighted average prices; the number of stocks making fresh hourly new highs and new lows; and the number of stocks breaking above and below their first hour's opening price range.

The idea is to gauge market strength and weakness by setting benchmarks that will help us identify trending vs. range markets. Stay tuned; I'll update the screening results during the day via the blog.
.