Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Chicago Trading Seminar: Details and Registration

I want to thank Trevor Harnett from Market Delta for his huge help in making a free summer trading seminar in Chicago a possibility. I'm particularly happy to hold the event with Trevor, as a number of traders that I work with have been utilizing Market Delta successfully to trade with the short-term sentiment of the stock market. Trevor has shown an unusual willingness to educate and support traders--not just hawk a product; I respect that greatly.

For this seminar, Trevor is underwriting all meeting room expenses and I am donating my time. There will be no registration fee, but attendees must register in advance (details below). Please note that seating is limited, so if you can definitely attend and are interested, please register as soon as possible. Please do not register unless you know you'll be attending; I'd hate to see some people miss out on the event because we were saving seats for no-shows.

Now the details:

The seminar will be held on Friday, July 17th from 1-5 PM at the Club Quarters Hotel in the Chicago Loop. Please make sure you arrive a bit early and are seated by 2 PM as we will follow the S&P 500 e-mini market live for the final hour of trade, illustrating principles of market psychology with Market Delta and related indicators. Trevor will be highlighting applications of Market Delta that I have not covered in the blog; I'll be supplementing the discussion with information that I share in real time with the traders I coach.

In the second half of the seminar, I will share the proprietary model that I use to calculate pivot points and targets for the S&P 500 Index and explain the uses of this information in setting up solid risk/reward trades. The remainder of the time will be devoted to questions and answers, as we hold an open group coaching/mentoring session.

Interested participants will find the registration details on the Market Delta blog site; please make sure you use the dedicated email address to send in your registration. (Note: You cannot register by emailing me). If you're coming from out of town, Trevor's registration blog post notes that the hotel has generously made a block of rooms available at a very reasonable price; details for making hotel reservations are also on Trevor's post.

Because we decided to make this a larger event than initially planned, I will do the potluck idea (each trader sharing a best practice trading idea with each other trader) another time in a smaller, sharing environment. Trevor and I will also conduct a webinar in the not so distant future for traders unable to attend July's seminar. As part of our keeping overhead down and making the seminar free of charge, the July session will be live only, not webcast/videorecorded.

I believe this will be a unique opportunity to learn from real time market application and group interaction; it will also be a great occasion to meet traders with similar interests. Hope to see you there!

(PS - If you have questions about the seminar, please write them as comments to this post, so that I can answer for all readers. Thanks as always for your interest.)
.

8:26 AM CT - Just talked with Trevor and we're adding an hour to the program, so it will start at 1 PM and go until 5 PM on Friday, July 17th. The extra hour will give us more live market time, so that we can add a feature in which Trevor will be the trader, I will be the coach, and we will role play working together in trading the market. That will be a great way to illustrate both market and trader psychology: real time trading/coaching!
.