Sunday, February 24, 2008

Alternative Music Interlude


I'm occasionally asked about how I stay productive, in terms of writing, blogging, working with traders, trading, etc.
Waking up at 4 AM daily helps, as does eliminating most of the timekillers such as TV and empty socializing. The real secret, however, is music. My most productive times are those in which I'm most connected to the music that speaks to me.

This is a sampling of the alternative music I've been listening to this weekend during my writing and research. It is my major source of inspiration on a day to day basis, so I thought I'd pass a few tunes along:

* Snog - Ballad: "When the working day is done, I refuse to belong to any one. And at night when I try to sleep, I hear the howls of commerce in my dreams."

* Dreamside - Open Your Eyes: "Open your eyes, my love."

* Bruderschaft - Forever: "I will walk this ground forever and stand guard against your name."

* Siouxsie - Into a Swan: "I feel a force I've never felt before...I burst out, I'm transformed."

* Assemblage 23 - Disappoint: "Do you believe in the nobility of suicide? No."

* Arcade Fire - My Body is a Cage: "My body is a cage that keeps me from dancing with the one I love."

* Covenant - Call Our Ships to Port: "A choir full of longing will call our ships to port."