Friday's seminar will focus on reading the psychology of markets, drawing on lessons learned from professional traders. The session has filled up, but keep an eye out for a posting of the PowerPoint slides from the seminar. Here are some of the topics Trevor Harnett of Market Delta and I will address during and after the live trading portion of the program:
* How can we use information regarding volume trading at each price to infer shifts in market sentiment?
* What does it mean when we see stocks trading mostly on upticks, but volume in ES trading predominantly at the market bid?
* What is the opening range for stocks, and how can we use it to infer market direction early in the trading day?
* How can you use volume--within bars and across them--to infer market sentiment?
* How can you identify dominant themes for the trading day?
* How can we infer market psychology from how we trade around the day's pivot and target points?
We'll be conducting a webinar on these topics as well later in the year. Stay tuned!