Friday, February 05, 2010

Know Who You Are: A Trading Psychology Lesson

A good analyst is someone who can figure out that markets are going from Point A to Point B;

A good trader is someone who can navigate the path from Point A to Point B;

A good investor is someone who can weather the path from Point A to Point B;

Good analysts often are not good traders.

Good traders often are not good investors.

Good investors often are not good traders.

Good traders and investors often need to hire good analysts.

So much of success boils down to knowing who you are and accepting that.

.

2 comments:

vertical9r said...

And sometimes you're none of the above ; )

Steve Willette said...

So true that trading is much more than figuring out, point A to point B. This is probably 10% of trading. The other 90% is overcoming all the trading psychology - taking or not taking the trade and overcoming all the other mental obstacles. Thank you for the post.The4xJournal