Thursday, February 11, 2010

Reflections on Love


A while back, I wrote one of my favorite posts: about my wife Margie and what I've learned from her in terms of what makes a relationship work out. On this our 26th anniversary, I thought I'd share a few perspectives on love:

* "Love does not consist of gazing at each other, but in looking together in the same direction." - Antoine de Saint-Exupery

* "Where love rules, there is no will to power; and where power predominates, there love is lacking. The one is the shadow of the other." - Carl Jung

* "Tell me who admires and loves you, and I will tell you who you are." - Charles Augustin Sainte-Beuve

* "Who, being loved, is poor?" - Oscar Wilde

* "The opposite of love is not hate, it's indifference." - Elie Wiesel

* "Love doesn't make the world go 'round; love is what makes the ride worthwhile." - Franklin P. Jones

* "I have found the paradox, that if you love until it hurts, there can be no more hurt, only more love." - Mother Teresa

* "I love you not only for what you are, but for what I am when I am with you." - Elizabeth Barrett Browning

.