Thursday, July 30, 2009

New TraderFeed E-Mail Policy


A couple of months ago, I posted to the blog that I would not be able to respond to the growing stream of emails from traders. (My current inbox is shown above). Basically the problem is one of numbers: if only 1/2 of 1% of readers emails me with requests for coaching, advice, or placement into prop firms, it would take me three hours per day to meet the demand.

Readers are in no way to blame for my predicament. TraderFeed has just logged its fifth consecutive month of record blog traffic, with the number of site readers and page views running double year-previous levels. Twice as much traffic, twice as much email!

Back in May, I thought that highlighting this issue, illustrating the size of my inbox, and posting the new policy in the "About Me" section of the blog would change the situation. It did! Now, instead of simply asking for advice/coaching, readers preface their requests with, "I know you're busy, but..." :-)

So here's the deal: I'm spending today clearing the deck and responding to all outstanding email, including some that is ridiculously overdue for response. From here on in, I will only respond to requests for advice etc. if they're sent to the dedicated mailing address in the Trading Coach book.

I estimate that three-quarters of all questions that come my way are directly addressed in my books and/or in the blog. I'm happy to answer questions about the material in the books, but spending several hours a day responding to questions in lieu of people doing their own reading and Googling just doesn't work.

I deeply appreciate the interest and will be scheduling more live events to provide further guidance, perspective, and training. Thanks for your understanding--

Brett
.