It was excellent visiting the traders at SMB Capital and their new offices a hop, skip, and jump away from Wall Street.
Here's what I observed first hand:
* A structured training program with a well organized curriculum that teaches specific setups and trading methods;
* Dedicated teaching and mentorship; not just learning from the seat of the pants;
* Morning meetings to prepare for the trading day in which multiple traders participate with ideas;
* A coherent philosophy of trading that focuses on tape reading skills among stocks that are moving and offering opportunity;
* A thoughtful strategy for managing risk and maximizing reward.
It may not be the type of trading that is for everyone, but it was nice to visit a firm that has integrated training and trading in a positive learning environment.