Monday, November 19, 2007

TraderFeed FAQ: Ten Common Questions and Replies

Some questions so commonly appear in my email inbox that I thought I'd write an all-purpose FAQ post. Here are ten common questions that most often get a "no, but" answer:

1) Do you exchange links? (No, but if you have something free and educational of special interest to TraderFeed readers, send me the URL and I'll link in a future post.)

2) Do you coach traders? (No, my work is limited to trading firms, including hedge funds, investment banks, and proprietary shops, but I'll be happy to make a referral if you let me know what you want to work on.)

3) Can I publish your posts on my site? (No, I'm not looking for wider exposure, but if you have something free and educational of special interest to TraderFeed readers, send me the URL and I'll link in a future post).

4) What are your advertising rates? (None, this is not a commercial site, but I can recommend fine blogs that do take advertising).

5) Would you mention my (book, software, services, etc.) on your site? (No, I'm swamped with these requests, but if you have an informative Website that describes your offerings, I'd be happy to link in an upcoming post).

6) Could you help me find a job at a trading firm? (No, but I can point you in some general directions if you tell me the kind of firm you're looking for).

7) We have a new service that can get you more exposure... (No, I'm not looking for publicity or exposure, but if you have a free, informative site about your service, I'd be happy to link in an upcoming post).

8) Could you tell me how to compute (chart, interpret, etc.) your market indicator? (No, some of my research is proprietary, but I'll be happy to explain its logic and direct you to posts on the topic).

9) Could you speak to our group of traders? (No, my road schedule has become onerous, but I'd consider doing a Webinar free of charge if you can set it up and publicize).

10) Could I call you (or get together with you)? (No, the number of times in a year that I socialize with people other than my wife and kids fits on one hand; time just doesn't permit. But if you have questions, I'll do my best to answer them electronically).

I do welcome questions about blog posts and trading topics; posting those in the comments section of the blog is the best way to draw upon the expertise of readers. Thanks for your understanding (as I look at my email inbox hit 941).

Brett