Wednesday, May 13, 2015

Preparing for Trading and a NYC Trader Gathering

As posted earlier, I am organizing a craft beer get-together for NYC area traders a week from Thursday (May 21st) at 5:00 PM.  We will meet up at the tasting room of the Whole Foods on Columbus Circle (59th Street and 8th Avenue) in midtown Manhattan.  I'll be joined by the good folks at SMB, who will share a few perspectives from the front lines of the prop trading world.  This is not a formal talk or presentation and I guarantee there will be no sales pitches.  Rather it's an opportunity to meet other traders, share perspectives, and hopefully make some contacts that can enrich and inform.

I'll be sharing some perspectives regarding the trading experiment I've been conducting. One of the more interesting early findings is that spending much more time in preparing for trades (research, personal preparation) and greatly limiting actual trades to well tested patterns has already improved my hit rate, profitability, and overall trading experience.  Active use of Evernote as a journaling tool has been important to the process.  I find it is very different planning a trade in my head versus writing out everything that goes into a trade.  When trades are in your head, they're intended.  When they're written out and elaborated, they're planned.  There's an important difference.

Look forward to meeting up.  If you can't make it, don't worry; there will be other events as we move toward summer!  
.