Sunday, March 02, 2014

Fresh Perspectives for the Week Ahead

Here's some interesting reading to take us into the new week:

*  Insightful New York Times article outlines how positive thinking about markets is associated with poorer returns and how positive thinking in our personal lives can lead to suboptimal outcomes;

*  Derek Hernquist offers a unique perspective on decision-making with trading tripwires;

*  Frank Zorilla on the significance of low volume rallies

*  The importance of being data-driven and other great links from Abnormal Returns;

FinViz map shows that world-wide performance of equities was a bit mixed this past week;

*  Alphatrends reviews the market week; interesting to see gold, real estate, and oil leading the pack in year-to-date returns;

*  SMB on using time frames to determine how far winning trades can run;

Excellent backtest engine from paststat;

*  Technology seeming to dominate social sentiment recently on StockTwits and to the bearish side;

*  In case you missed:  Becoming successful means tapping into the ingredients of the success you're already experiencing;

Have a great start to the week!

4 comments:

Tim said...

Hi Brett,

My Fresh Perspective for the Week Ahead is getting you on Michael Covel's podcast!

I have to say it would be extraordinary for all your followers here and readers of your books!

Michael is a straight shooter (I'm sure you know of him) and he's a phone call and a 30 minute chat away from us hearing you on the podcast waves!!

What are your feelings?

Michele said...

I guess I'm a bit late to the party but may I just say, OMG, Trader Feed is back?? Do I believe my eyes? I had left the link up on my own blog just as a resource but long ago gave up looking at it on a regular basis.

All I can say is a very hearty welcome back! You've been missed. Thank you thank you thank you. All is once again right with the world.

Brett Steenbarger, Ph.D. said...

Hi Tim,

If there's a particular topic that could be covered better by podcast than via the blog, I'm certainly open to that. I'm not looking for publicity, but always like to find new and more effective ways to convey worthy ideas--

Brett

Brett Steenbarger, Ph.D. said...

Thanks for the welcome, Michele! I'm not sure all's right with the world, but I'll do my best to make the blogosphere a little better :)