Saturday, December 08, 2007

A Few Of My Favorite Things

* Infiniti G35 6MT coupe - Plenty of torque throughout the range; 295 horses. The last time I owned an automatic transmission as my personal car was 1984. Never again. This one's a pleasure on the open road. I was prepared to buy a BMW but this was the winner in my road tests.

* Breitling SuperOcean - Not fancy at all, and I like that. Just performs well under pressure, as should any fine diving watch. I admire all things that perform well under pressure.

* Premier Massage Chair - Great after sitting hunched over all day. It kneads, taps, rolls from head to back to legs.

* The Roasterie - Great source for Cup of Excellence coffees, the equivalent of the world's finest wines. Real treat for the coffee drinker.

* Lenovo (IBM) ThinkPad X-Series - When you spend as much time on the road as I do (60,000 miles on one airline alone, and I ride several), a light, reliable laptop is golden. Great screen, good-size keyboard, long battery life. Love this one.

* Trumper Men's Products - If you can't get to Mayfair, this might be the next best thing. Skin products, scents, soaps, shaving products: all things for the English gentleman. Wild Fern is my favorite.

* The Economist - My constant companion on those plane rides. It provides a much more global perspective than we typically get in the States, which I find both helpful and refreshing.

* SunBox - This has been in my office for years, pumping out the equivalent of a sunny day every day of the year. Great when your day starts at 4 AM!

* Naperville, IL - Money Magazine named it the second best place to live in the U.S. A picture postcard downtown, complete with Riverwalk; first-rate public schools; low crime; and high family incomes, with a cost of living that won't kill you. Quite a few forest preserves and parks, yet less than an hour from downtown Chicago.